1 cup plain Flour
1 cup Self Raising Flour
1 cup Warm Water
1 tsp. Yeast
1 tsp. Honey
200gm Fresh Tomatoes
½ tsp. Fresh Basil, diced
100g. Mozzarella Cheese
Salt and Pepper
- To prepare dough, combine yeast, honey and water, stir thoroughly and allow to sit for 2-3 minutes to activate the yeast.
- Place both plain and self-raising flour in a large mixing bowl, and knead thoroughly until a consistent dough is formed. Cover and leave to sit for a few minutes.
- Preheat oven to 230 degrees celsius and sprinkle a tsp. of polenta onto the tray.
- Cut a small segment of dough and use a rolling pin to flatten into a thin base approximately 20cm in diameter.
- Add filling to one half of calzone, starting with tomato sauce, basil, tomatoes and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Gently fold over calzone top and press edges together with a fork to make a closed pocket. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.