250g Beetroot, peeled and cut into cubes
6 Medjool dates (pitted)
¾ cup Cacoa Powder
1 cup Almond Meal
¼ cup melted Coconut Oil
¾ cup Maple Syrup
¼ cup nut milk (coconut or almond)
pinch of sea salt
1 tsp. Vanilla Bean Powder
1 tsp. gluten-free baking powder
¼ tsp. baking soda
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees, Lightly grease and line your brownie tray with baking paper. Place the beetroot into a saucepan with cold water and bring to the boil Simmer for 20-25 minutes until tender. Soak the dates in enough boiling water to cover them until softened (about 10 mins), then drain water.
- Tip the cooked beetroot into a sieve, drain off any excess liquid, then put into a high-speed food processor with softened dates until smooth.
- Then add the cacao powder, eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup and blend to combine. Then add almond meal, nut milk, baking powder, vanilla, baking soda and blend until smooth.
- Pour your mixture into the prepared tray and bake for 25-30 minutes until firm and a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the centre.
- Set aside to cool. Cut into 12 pieces and enjoy.
Best stored in the fridge to enjoy when needed.
Physio Direct is ACC accredited so you can come to us directly to get an injury registered with ACC without having to go to your GP first, followed by an assessment, treatment and follow up review, to ensure correct care and recovery. Physio Direct can also refer you directly for Cortisone injections, X-Rays and Ultra Sound Scans and on to Specialists if needed.
Please feel free to print out these news letters and put the in the staffroom and hand them out to your team. Understanding more about injuries, gives people the power to prevent an injury from occurring in the first place. Prevention and education is the key!