2/3 cup Pitted Dates
1 cup Almonds
1 tbsp. Coconut Oil
1 pinch of Salt
1½ cups of Cashew Nuts
Juice of 1 large Lemon
1/3 cup of Coconut Oil
½ cup Coconut Milk
½ cup of Maple Syrup
- Boil some water and soak cashew nuts for 15 minutes until soft. Strain excess water and set nuts aside.
- Add the dates to a blender and mix into small pieces and place in a small bowl. Next add almonds and process into a very small meal. Add dates, coconut oil and salt into the almond meal and blend ingredients on high speed until a soft dough is formed.
- Grease a muffin tin, and press the cheesecake base into the bottom of the muffin tin. Use a small glass to smooth out the base. Place this tin in the freezer when preparing the filling.
- Add cashew nuts, lemon juice, coconut oil, coconut milk and maple syrup to a blender and mix until a smooth paste is created. Pour filling on top of the bases in the muffin tin.
- Swirl raspberry coulis on top of the filling and place in a freezer to set, allow 2-3 hours for the cheesecake to set.
Garnish with mint and add extra coulis when ready to serve.
Physio Direct is ACC accredited so you can come to us directly to get an injury registered with ACC without having to go to your GP first, followed by an assessment, treatment and follow up review, to ensure correct care and recovery. Physio Direct can also refer you directly for Cortisone injections, X-Rays and Ultra Sound Scans and on to Specialists if needed.
Please feel free to print out these news letters and put the in the staffroom and hand them out to your team. Understanding more about injuries, gives people the power to prevent an injury from occurring in the first place. Prevention and education is the key!