500g mushrooms, chopped
1 onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
150g cooked chickpeas
40g walnuts, crushed in food processor
25g basil leaves, chopped.
1 heaped teaspoon ground flaxseed
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 230c. Scatter mushrooms over two baking trays and bake for about 30 mins. Set aside in a large bowl.
- Mix ground flaxseed with enough water to cover and set aside and allow to thicken.
- Sauté onions over medium heat until soft, add garlic and cook for about 15 minutes. Add to mushrooms along with walnuts, thickened flaxseed and chopped basil. Briefly mix together in a food processor.
- Return mixture to bowl and add salt and pepper. Shape the mixture into four large patties and wrap each in glad wrap. Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- When ready to cook, heat a thin layer of oil over medium heat in a heavy frying pan and cook burgers until brown.
Serve as you like, recommended with pita bread, bean sprouts, roasted red peppers and salad.
Please click the download button below to print out a free copy of our newsletter.
Physio Direct is ACC accredited so you can come to us directly to get an injury registered with ACC without having to go to your GP first, followed by an assessment, treatment and follow up review, to ensure correct care and recovery. Physio Direct can also refer you directly for Cortisone injections, X-Rays and Ultra Sound Scans and on to Specialists if needed.
Please feel free to print out these news letters and put the in the staffroom and hand them out to your team. Understanding more about injuries, gives people the power to prevent an injury from occurring in the first place. Prevention and education is the key!