Japanese Pancake (Okonomiyaki)
½ Large Cabbage
2 cups Flour
2 ½ cups of Water
2 tsp. Chicken Stock Powder
4 Tbsp. Okonomi Sauce
8 large Prawns
1 Tbsp. Pickled Ginger
2 Tbsp. sliced Spring Onions
1 handful fresh Mint
3 Tbsp. Japanese Mayonnaise
4 slices of Lemon
- Slice cabbage into fine pieces and set aside in a large bowl.
- Mix flour, water and eggs in a large mixing bowl, add chicken stock and cabbage, mixing until ingredients are well combined.
- Heat some oil to medium in a frying pan and spoon the pancake mix onto the pan to make medium sized pancakes. Cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes then flip and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- Pan sear prawns on high heat in a separate pan with a small amount of olive oil.
- Prepare pancake on a plate and decorate with Okomiyaki sauce and Japanese mayonnaise. Place cooked prawns, mint, ginger and lemon on top of pancake for garnish.
Ready to serve, makes four large pancakes.
Physio Direct is ACC accredited so you can come to us directly to get an injury registered with ACC without having to go to your GP first, followed by an assessment, treatment and follow up review, to ensure correct care and recovery. Physio Direct can also refer you directly for Cortisone injections, X-Rays and Ultra Sound Scans and on to Specialists if needed.
Please feel free to print out these news letters and put the in the staffroom and hand them out to your team. Understanding more about injuries, gives people the power to prevent an injury from occurring in the first place. Prevention and education is the key!